British Columbia’s economic growth depends on having enough skilled and qualified people to meet labor market needs. The BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is a way for high-demand foreign workers and experienced entrepreneurs to gain permanent residency in B.C. BCPNP is broadly divided into three categories:
- Skills Immigration Stream;
- Express Entry British Columbia Stream;
- Entrepreneur Immigration.
The Skills Immigration Stream is for skilled workers, healthcare professionals, international graduates, and post-graduates as well as entry-level and semi-skilled workers. All candidates need to have a job offer or a current job, except for international post-graduates. The Express Entry British Columbia Stream is for skilled workers, healthcare professionals, international graduates, and post-graduates only.
BC PNP Skills Immigration is divided into the following categories:
- Skilled Worker Category: Those individuals who have received an eligible job offer in a skilled occupation.
- Healthcare Professional Category: The individuals with experience and eligible job offers, as physicians, nurses, psychiatric nurses, or allied health professionals may apply. An eligible job offer must be acquired for one of 11 qualifying health occupations.
- International Graduate Category: Those individuals who have graduated from an eligible Canadian university or college in the last three years. A job offer must be obtained from a BC employer to be eligible under this sub-category.
- International Post-Graduate Category: This category is for graduates with Masters or Doctoral degrees from an eligible educational institution in British Columbia in the natural, applied, or health sciences programs of study. No job offer is required to apply under this sub-category.
- Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker Category: Workers in certain entry-level or semi-skilled positions in tourism/hospitality, food processing, or long-haul trucking, or those in entry-level or semi-skilled positions living and working in the Northeast Development Region of British Columbia, may be eligible for immigration through this program.
Express Entry BC PNP Stream categories are as follows:
- Skilled Worker Category
- Health Care Professional Category
- International Graduate Category
- International Post-Graduate Category
BC Entrepreneur Immigration categories are as follows:
- Entrepreneur Immigration: This category is for senior managers or business owners who intend to invest funds into a proposed business in British Columbia.
Requirements: $600,000 CAD net worth, 3 years experience being a business owner/manager, invest $200,000 & create at least 1 full time job for Canadian citizens or PR.
- Entrepreneur Regional Pilot Immigration: This new pilot is for international entrepreneurs looking to establish a new business in a small community in British Columbia.
Requirements: $100,000 investment, personal net worth of $300,000, have minimum 51% ownership & create 1 full time job in the local community. The business must be located in a community in BC with a population less than 75,000
- Strategic Projects Category: The foreign-controlled companies can set up an operation in British Columbia. Up to five key foreign managerial, professional, or technical staff members can be nominated for permanent residence in the province.
Canadian immigration comprises of various programs. Contact us today for full details about how we can work with you based on your profile. We are glad to discuss your immigration-related questions or queries.
The best way to start is to have a free initial consultation. Contact us via the details below or send us your details.