The Quebec Self-Employed Worker program is different than its federal counterpart as it is not limited to those who have experience in cultural activities, athletics of farming. The Quebec Self-Employed Worker program is open to those who have self-employment experience either as a professional or in a trade. The program is administered by the Ministère de l’immigration, de la diversité et de l’inclusion (Immigration Quebec MIDI). The Quebec Self-Employed Worker program has a yearly quota, and therefore the program opens and closes quickly.
- That the foreign national has the intention to settle and reside in Quebec;
- That the foreign national will come to Quebec to create their own job by practising their profession or their trade;
- C$25,000 start-up deposit if you intend to practice your trade or profession outside the Montreal Metropolitan Community (MMC) area;
- C$50,000 start-up deposit if you plan to practice your trade or profession in the MMC area.
- That the foreign national has net assets of at least CAD$100,000; and
- That the foreign national has at least two years of experience as a self-employed worker in their profession or trade.
The Quebec Self-Employed Worker program is a point-based system. Immigration Quebec will assess a foreign national on the following criteria:
- Relevant experience
- Language abilities in English and/or French
- Previous stay in Quebec
- Family members who already live in Quebec
- Spouse’s education, age and French language abilities
- Financial resources
Canadian immigration comprises of various programs. Contact us today for full details about how we can work with you based on your profile. We are glad to discuss your immigration-related questions or queries.
The best way to start is to have a free initial consultation. Contact us via the details below or send us your details.