Saskatchewan is a Canadian province bordering the United States of America to the South. It has two major cities, Regina and Saskatoon. Saskatchewan is covered in grassland, coniferous trees, rivers, and lakes. The provincial capital, Regina, is home to the Royal Saskatchewan Museum, housing exhibits on natural history and the people of Canada’s First Nations. Located in Western Canada’s prairie region, the province of Saskatchewan is one of the hubs of agricultural production in Canada. Through this program, prospective immigrants with the skills and experience targeted by the province may receive a Saskatchewan provincial nomination certificate, after which they can apply for Canadian permanent residence.
The SINP accepts applications under the following categories:
- International Skilled Worker Category
- Saskatchewan Experience Category
- Entrepreneur and Farm Category
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
International Skilled Worker Category
Applicants who are skilled and want to settle in Saskatchewan can apply under these categories. Applicants are measured on a point system. This category is broadly subdivided into three categories which are as follows:
- Employment Offer: This stream is for skilled workers with a skilled job offer from a Saskatchewan employer.
- Occupations In-Demand: This stream is for highly skilled workers with experience in an in-demand occupation in Saskatchewan, who do not yet have a job offer in the province.
- Saskatchewan Express Entry: This stream is for those individuals who are already in the Express Entry pool and have skilled work experience in an in-demand occupation in Saskatchewan.
Saskatchewan Experience Category
This category is for foreign workers that are currently living in Saskatchewan. The Saskatchewan Experience Category accepts applications under the following sub-categories:
- Existing Work Permit: This sub-category is for individuals who have been working in Saskatchewan for at least six months under a valid work permit.
- Health Professionals: This stream is for individuals who have worked as a physician, a nurse, or in another health profession in Saskatchewan for at least six months.
- Hospitality Sector Project: This category is for individuals that are currently working in Saskatchewan in hospitality sectors such as food and beverage servers, food counter attendants, kitchen helpers, or housekeeping and cleaning staff for at least six months.
- Long Haul Truck Driver Project: This category is for individuals who are currently working for an approved trucking firm in Saskatchewan. Drivers must be working in Saskatchewan for their current employer for a minimum of six months.
- Students: This category is for students who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada. The student must have worked in Saskatchewan for at least twenty-four months before applying, or for six months if the institution is in Saskatchewan.
Entrepreneur and Farm Category
This category is for individuals who wish to own and actively operate a business or farming operation in Saskatchewan.
- Entrepreneur: This category is for individuals who want to invest management talent and capital in Saskatchewan by establishing, acquiring, or partnering in a business in the province. Candidates are expected to take on an active management role in the business. Expression of Interest is required in this category. This stream requires net worth of $500,000 and 3 years of business management and entrepreneurial experience. It also requires applicant to invest $300,000 in Regina and Saskatoon area while all other areas requires only $200,000.
- Farm Owners and Operators: This category is for experienced farmers with considerable capital looking to invest in a farming operation and settle in the province of Saskatchewan. This stream requires net worth of $500,000 (if under 40 then $300,000) with agreement cash deposit of $75,000 and once the agreement finishes, the applicant get the $75,000 back. It also requires 3 years of experience managing a farm.
International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
This category is for international students graduating from eligible post-secondary institutions in Saskatchewan and who are planning to start a business in the province. Approved candidates will have to operate and manage a business in Saskatchewan for at least a year to be eligible for a provincial nomination for permanent residence.
Canadian immigration comprises of various programs. Contact us today for full details about how we can work with you based on your profile. We are glad to discuss your immigration-related questions or queries.
The best way to start is to have a free initial consultation. Contact us via the details below or send us your details.