OINP Business Category
The Business Category is for those applicants who want to start a business or buy an existing business in Ontario. There is currently only one stream under the Business Category – Entrepreneur Stream. The application fee is CAD $3500 and processing of Expression of Interest takes around a month. The Application processing varies on the type of business and complexity.
- Must have business experience of 24 months in the last 60 months
- Must be actively involved in the management and control at least one-third of the equity in the business. The main purpose of investing must be to make a profit.
- Must create at least two permanent full-time jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents, if it will be in GTA, or one permanent full-time job if the business will be outside the GTA.
- Must have a net worth of CAD $800,000 in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) or CAD $400,000 if the business will be located outside the GTA
- Must make a minimum personal investment of CAD $600,000 in the GTA or CAD $200,000 if the business will be located outside the GTA
- Must meet additional requirements if you are purchasing an existing business. If the business is in the information and communications sector, or digital communications sector, only one full-time job is required, regardless of location.
Canadian immigration comprises of various programs. Contact us today for full details about how we can work with you based on your profile. We are glad to discuss your immigration-related questions or queries.
The best way to start is to have a free initial consultation. Contact us via the details below or send us your details.