Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) launched six new immigration streams for more than 90,000 essential workers already in Canada, primarily those working in hospitals and long-term care homes, other essential services, and international graduates. Those seeking permanent residence will be able to apply to start May 6 for the streams, three of which are aimed at French-speaking candidates. Ottawa will keep accepting applications until Nov. 5 or until the maximum number of applications is reached.
Applicants who are applying under the temporary foreign worker streams need to have at least one year of Canadian work experience in a healthcare sector or other pre-approved essential occupation. The graduates need to have completed their studies at a Canadian college or university within the last four years.
- At least one (1) year of full-time or equivalent part-time work experience in Canada in one or more of the eligible occupations within the 3 years preceding the application.
- At least a year of work experience must be gained in one or more of the eligible occupations listed below:
- Stream A: the one year of work experience must have been acquired in one or more occupations listed in Annex A. Experience cannot be combined with Annex B occupations.
- Stream B: the one year of work experience must have been acquired in one or more occupations listed in Annex B, or a combination of occupations in Annex A and B.
- Be employed in Canada at the time of application.
- Intend to reside in a province or territory other than Quebec.
- Apply online and; meet admissibility requirements.
- Must not be self-employed unless working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service with the health authority.
- NCLC of at least 4 in French for each of the four language skill areas
- Reside in Canada with valid temporary resident status.
The INTAKE CAP for the streams was set as follows:
- TEMPORARY WORKERS IN HEALTHCARE – Stream A (20,000 applications)
- OTHER ESSENTIAL TEMPORARY WORKERS – Stream B (30,000 applications – Full)
- INTERNATIONAL GRADUATES – (40,000 applications – Full)
- TEMPORARY WORKERS IN HEALTHCARE (FRENCH) – Stream A (no cap)
- OTHER ESSENTIAL TEMPORARY WORKERS (FRENCH) – Stream B (no cap)
- FRENCH INTERNATIONAL GRADUATES – (no cap)
Canadian immigration comprises of various programs. Contact us today for full details about how we can work with you based on your profile. We are glad to discuss your immigration-related questions or queries.
The best way to start is to have a free initial consultation. Contact us via the details below or send us your details.